Somer Projects offer a wide range of training including:
Control Systems & Instrumentation
The performance of the instrumented protections is crucial for the risk reduction that can be achieved. The Requirement to the safety instrumented systems shall be defined as well as how the requirements shall be verified. The requirements are often related to the term SIL (Safety Integrity Level).
We design our courses as per client request and their need to train the new engineers, middle management and advanced skilled engineers as what is needed in our practical work such as Safety Integrity level ( SIL ), Process control, SCADA systems software, Human Machine Interface (HMI) advanced Control with PLC’s. Distributed Control System ( DCS)
We are aware of the need for flow metering so we created training for the metering. i.e an Overview of Flow metering as used in the Oil & Gas Industries and that includes:
- History of fluid flow metering – where today’s technologies came from
- Review of current flow metering techniques for Crude Oil, Natural Gas, Refined products and Utilities.
- Application sensitivity – which flow metering products work best where, and why
From the process side, we conduct courses on:
- Hazard & Operability (HAZOP ), Hazard Identification (HAZID), Process Hazard Analysis (PHA) , Preparation of procedures aiming at achieving and maintaining Safety Integrity Level (SIL) requirements , Safety Requirements Specification (SRS), Cause Effect matrix.
- Control Valves & Actuator Work shops and advise with solutions for choosing right control valves
Refinery (Main Technical Training for engineering disciplines)
- Industry Characteristics, Refinery economics, Planning, Cost estimation, Refinery Flow Schemes, Refinery Feedstocks, Refinery Products, Refinery products blending, Plants, Storage, shipping , supporting processes.
All the training will be developed in accordance to the best Oil and Gas practices and recommended Procedures (API. ASME, NPFA..etc)
Control Systems & Building Management Systems (BMS)
- Design , selection, installation, panel schematics and graphics control
- Type Of Controls: Electric, Pneumatic, computerized
- Purpose of controls
- Basic control theory
- Remote monitoring and maintenance
- Fans . pumps and inventor control, energy assessment use and selection
Refrigeration & Heating Ventilation Air conditioning Control (HVAC)
- Understanding the fundamentals principles
- System selection, design and calculation on air distribution
- Fan Coil units, VAN, VAR, heating systems primary and secondary
- Cooling systems and energy management
- Introduction to the main sustainable considerations of an HVAC system